1. I was born 10 days early. My grandmother always called me her birthday present, since my birthday is 7 days (not really - LONG story) before hers.
2. My grandmother and I barely speak anymore.
3. I am very punctual. To a fault.
4. I get secretly angry at people who are blatantly non-punctual. This is my only passive-aggressive tendency.
5. I was supposed to be named Kelly Joanne.
6. When I popped out, my mom decided on Sarah.
7. I am a mutt.
8. My largest percentages of ethnicity are Polish, German, Belgian, Spanish, Japanese and Hawaiian. (Told you I'm a mutt.)
9. My last name means "Welsh" or "of Wales."
10. I am not Welsh.
11. I am an only child.
12. I am not spoiled rotten.
13. I tend to like only children the best, as I find they are the most well-adjusted.
14. That said, only one of my best friends is an only child.
15. One of the others is the oldest, the other is the youngest.
16. If I ever have children of my own, I hope they're all boys.
17. I couldn't handle raising a little girl. I know what I was like.
18. I'm a lot more athletic in my head than I actually am.
19. In fact, I'm a horrible klutz, although, I've gotten much better in recent years.
20. It's true, I really do judge you by your grammar. It amuses me.
21. I can read three paperbacks in a day, if I am so inclined.
22. I have a horrible memory, but only when I need to remember something.
23. I see life in screenplay format.
24. Writing is my first true love.
25. Someday I'll be paid to do it.
26. I think my name (all of it) is incredibly, stupifyingly boring.
27. I tend to be very pessimistic, but only when it comes to myself.
28. I figure, then, when I don't get fired, I can be pleasantly surprised.
29. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised everyday for nearly two years straight.
30. Again, on names. I used to hate my first name. Middle name, too. I am okay with them now.
31. I am slightly depressed that they're both religious/Christian names.
32. I'm apatheist.
33. This is even worse (more heathen-ish?) than atheism because it means I just don't give a shit.
34. I swear more than I should.
35. I'm trying to change this.
36. Sometimes when I talk, especially in a formal setting, I feel like I sound too pretentious.
37. I use big words without realizing it.
38. I say "acquiesce" and "ubiquitous" a lot.
39. I talk to my cats (and most animals) like they are people and can respond.
40. When they sneeze, I say "bless you." When they're in my way, I say "excuse me."
41. I'd call myself "quirky."
42. What you'd call me is probably far different.
43. I obsess over things (and boys!) very easily.
44. I've never had a relationship shorter than a year.
45. I miss my ex (not the one you're thinking of) very much.
46. I think the Doctor from Doctor Who exists.
47. Maybe he's made it to Earth, maybe not, but he's out there somewhere.
48. I wish I was Rose Tyler.
49. I wouldn't mind being trapped in another universe.
50. It'd be the best adventure of my life.
51. The music that's played when the bus is moved on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition makes me want to cry.
52. I think it's a cheesy show and doesn't promote a good message. But I still watch it.
53. I never used to watch TV, but now I'm obsessed.
54. I love my Tivo more than my best friend.
55. Don't tell my best friend.
56. I say the "L" in calm. Also in 'talk.' I'm told that's weird.
57. My accent doesn't fit in with where I live. This is curious, as I've lived in this area most of my life.
58. I tend to pick up accents rather quickly, so I try not to talk to heavily-accented people on the phone.
59. I have been to Vancouver, Canada.
60. They didn't seem very Canadian.
61. My friend I was with at the time called them "America Lite."
62. I didn't say anything because that's probably insulting to
63. I do think Canadians are like America's kind, intensely nice cousins.
64. I believe most Americans feel this way about Canadians.
65. I'm probably wrong.
66. Documentaries tickle me pink.
67. Yes, I actually say "tickle me pink."
68. I love tea and British tea culture.
69. I consider myself an aficionado.
70. I'm also the sort of person who says "aficionado."
71. I am severely lactose intolerant. Like, I could die.
72. This is a problem, as my favorite food is cheese.
73. I have prescribed medicine for it.
74. I usually forget to take it.
75. The pain is worth the cheese.
76. I want to be a better person.
77. I don't know how to start.
78. I'm a
79. I call myself a bakestress.
80. If I could afford it, I would go to culinary school and become a pastry chef.
81. I like buying purses too much. Although, I've gotten better.
82. I used to be the same way with shoes, but I realized it was dumb because I generally wear the same two pairs of shoes year-round - and one of the pairs never leaves work. Or I wear flip flops.
83. I could probably drink a case of caffeine-free Diet Coke in a day if I let myself.
84. Come to think of it, that's probably why I load myself up on water.
85. I am ridiculously hydrated.
86. I would give up sleep to drink Starbucks soy, no whip, Peppermint Mocha lattes.
87. Sometimes I dream of moving to Hawaii.
88. If I won the lotto, I'd be in Hawaii before I called anyone to share the good news.
89. I despise winter with every fiber of my being.
90. I wish I could sleep more than I do.
91. I can't. I get it from my dad.
92. I wish I could study better.
93. I can't afford to fail again.
94. I'm finally taking steps to become more responsible with my spending habits.
95. For some reason, this makes me very giddy.
96. I failed my drivers' test twice before I finally passed. My first two instructors were heinous, snobby older women. My third was a man who'd graduated from my high school not long before me. I don't wonder why I passed (with only 3 docked points. EXPLAIN THAT.)
97. Every time I have to drive during a snowstorm, I swear (the entire way home) that I'm going to move to Hawaii.
98. I never do.
99. Someday, I might.
100. I'll probably do this meme again.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence on the page.
4. Post the text of the next three sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
"No. Afterwards I will see what he can eat."
"What a fish it was," the proprietor said. "There has never been such a fish. Those were two fine fish you took yesterday too."
"Damn my fish," the boy said and he started to cry again.
The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemingway
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll challenge you to try something.
3. I'll pick a color that I associate with you.
4. I'll tell you something I like about you.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something I've always wanted to ask you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this in your journal.
Yesterday, I got into a conversation with my boyfriend's sister about zodiac signs and she said that she was surprised I'm not a Virgo. But honestly, I couldn't be any more of a Pisces if I tried.
Pisces are supposedly the intuitive, most emotionally connected sign in the zodiac with the symbol of the fish. I don't know about all that, but I do like to swim. And sometimes I just randomly blurt out, "blub blub blub!" So, there's that.
Pisceans are classically known for being influenced by the other signs of the zodiac, daydreamers, passionate, romantics. Yes, yes, yes, and yes. They are also known to be:
- Gentle and kindly in your attitude toward friends and associates: For the most part, I suppose. If I like you. But if I don't like you, I can pretty much be a bitch. I don't have a real strong feeling of that "turn the other cheek" stuff. I'm too defensive of myself and my loved ones. Someone gets into a fight, you can count on me there alongside you. Is that good or bad?
- Trying too hard to be liked: I'd like to be liked. I like being liked, being needed. Who doesn't, really? Validates your emotions and feelings. Or is that just me?
- Reserved, quiet, analytical, critical, and receptive attitude: I can be. I mean. Around my friends? Ha. I'm usually the loud one. But in class or at work, I'm the one sitting there watching everyone else in class. If the silence after a question gets really awkward, then I'll answer it, but generally I prefer to stay quiet. And sometimes I feel like I'm too judgmental. That I don't see people as they are, but as how I want them.
- Selfishness: Yeah, probably. Everyone's a little selfish. Except maybe Mother Theresa. But I killed her (LONG story), so she doesn't count. But I don't think a little selfishness is unhealthy. People who profess to be completely selfless piss me off. Or is that that judgmental thing again?
- Helpful and sympathetic attitude: Oh, Christ. Is it wrong that I see this as a fault? I'm helpful and sympathetic to the point that I get burned. I'm always the one there for people (including bailing people out of jail for DUI at 3:00 AM, but I'M NOT BITTER) but I find myself trying to talk me out of it more and more often because the same people (*ahem* jailbird) that I help are never there for me when I need them. Or if I just need someone to vent to, they don't really pay attention, just say "okay" or "uh huh" while I'm talking and don't give me their full attention. Screw them, apparently.
- Attentive to detail: Ha. Have you ever seen my apartment? Organized chaos, that's what they call it. But... well, I suppose. Even if a book or...you know, a sock, isn't in the socially-accepted "right" place, but where ever I put it, and someone moves it, I freak out and can't find it and tear everything apart until I do. So, I guess I have my own little system.
- Dislike continuous intrusion of your privacy: OMG, you have no idea. Well, some of you do. I am anal about my privacy. There are only a couple of people that I could live with that I trust to not be completely invasive and only because they are the same way as me. There's nothing wrong with living with people, it's just... if I want to run around in my undies, I'm going to do it and you need to deal with it. My apartment, I have the right to do what I want, within certain boundaries, right? Or, even living in an apartment with 7 other people (and hi, yeah, that sucked), I was usually in my bedroom because GOD, TOO MANY PEOPLE. I'm not allergic to people. Not at all. Nope.
- A good mind for chemistry, analytical work, and writing: Yeah, except that whole “math” thing. I couldn't count my way out of a paper bag. I have a good eye for aesthetics, though, and I'm a great writer.
- Tend to be preoccupied with detail: This means I’m an obsessive control freak and it couldn’t be more accurate. Not at all. Sometimes. Usually.
- Struggle to realize your life plans might be difficult: Considering my current life goal is to win the lotto and be independently wealthy (no, seriously), this one might be true.
- Worry needlessly: GET OUT OF MY HEAD! I’m a worrier, to the point of irritating anyone around me. I get heart palpitations if I’m late getting somewhere, no lie. My mind won’t rest until a) I get my way; b) the situation turns out to my liking; or c) I’m proven right. I'm a what-if whore.
- Independent: Is this the same as individualistic? Because I am. To the point where I get irritated if my boyfriend treats me (albeit, unknowingly) like a house frau. And Laura? Hate you. Or, I need to be able to come and go as I please. I don't have any problem at all telling people where I'm going, but if they consistently ask me for my itinerary (like, third degree) like, where are you going? who are you going to be with? what are you buying? when will you be home?, then they will be smacked. Hard.
- Easily impressed by people you meet: Yeah. I'm such a nerd. Let's talk about the time I sniffed Chris Eccleston. At least he thought it was funny.